DALLAS (KDAF) — Well, it’s pretty warm to start the year in the month of January in North Texas and it’s a perfect time to get a taste of warmer days with some delicious seafood and more specifically, oysters.
Tuesday, January 10 is National Oysters Rockefeller Day! “Eating oysters is super fun, whether you eat them raw or prepare a special dish, an oyster meal can be a great way to spend time with your family and friends,” National Today said.
So, where can you get the best oysters throughout the Lone Star State? We checked out a report from Trips to Discover on the top places to eat oysters in Texas.
“Texans love oysters, no matter if they are raw, grilled, fried, or mixed in a gumbo. These top seafood establishments listed below have gained a reputation for having some of the freshest oysters around. Get your oyster fix at these restaurants that range from upscale joints to dive bars,” the report said.
Here are the top oyster eateries in Texas:
- Liberty Kitchen & Oysterette – Houston
- Gilhooley’s Restaurant – San Leon
- Danton’s Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen – Houston
- Captain Tom’s Seafood and Oyster Bar – Houston
- S&D Oyster Company – Dallas
- Brasserie 19 – Houston
- Black Pearl Oyster Bar – Galveston
- Quality Seafood Market – Austin
- Perla’s Seafood and Oyster Bar – Austin
- Pine Tree Lodge – Beaumont