AUSTIN (KXAN) — Department store and retail chain Kohl’s will reopen all of its stores in Texas and nine other states starting Monday.
The chain already opened up stores in a few other states last week as part of its phased reopening.
“We are pleased to begin welcoming our customers back to Kohl’s,” said Michelle Gass, Kohl’s chief executive officer.
“As we all adjust to a new normal, we will continue to provide the easy and efficient store experience that Kohl’s customers love, while implementing many new rigorous procedures that prioritize the safety of our associates and customers.
“We are taking an informed, measured approach based on a number of factors to reopen our stores on a phased timeline, with about twenty-five percent of our stores open by next week. As we reopen and operate in a new environment, I want to thank our associates and customers for their ongoing loyalty and support. We’re thrilled to have you back.”
Kohl’s has made a series of changes to make the shopping experience safer for customers:
- Kohl’s has reduced operating hours and will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily until further notice.
- Kohl’s is offering dedicated shopping hours for at-risk individuals including seniors, those who are pregnant or have underlying health conditions every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Signage and floor decals have been placed throughout the store to encourage six feet of social distancing, with a particular focus on high traffic areas including at customer service and checkout.
- For stores that have two or more entrances, one entrance has been closed and each store will operate with a single point of entry to the store.
- An associate greeter will be stationed at the front of the store with the sole role of welcoming customers, sanitizing carts between each use and limiting occupancy, as appropriate.
- In-aisle fixturing has been removed to increase space for customers to pass through the aisles while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- Kohl’s has installed protective barriers at all registers and will offer touchless payment through Kohl’s Pay on the Kohl’s App to make the checkout experience as contactless as possible.
- Checkout lanes will be cleaned by an associate after each customer transaction, including the sanitation of the pin pad and counter.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available at each register and throughout the store for customer use.
- Fitting rooms will be closed until further notice and the use of beauty testers has been suspended to reduce and minimize touch points.
- Kohl’s has made adjustments to the returns process to minimize contact between the customer and associate. In addition, to support social distancing, Kohl’s will accept Amazon Returns in a separate location within the store.
- Kohl’s will continue to facilitate regular cleaning of our stores, including all restrooms, entrances and all customer touch points, during all operating hours by a third party cleaning service.