North Texans are pulling together to help those affected by Saturday’s tornadoes and severe storms that claimed the lives of at least 11 people.
We’re getting flooded with one question — “How can I help?” Here are a few ways:
- Donate to Red Cross of N. TX online or text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10
- Donate to the Salvation Army — The Salvation Army says they are currently able to meet the need with pre-trained disaster-relief volunteers. As the relief effort progresses and access to neighborhoods is granted, we may need the assistance of community volunteers and will update their website accordingly.
- Volunteer to help with recovery efforts in Garland — The City of Garland has set up this website that is designed to connect the residents in need with a volunteer who is wanting to donate or volunteer their services. If residents have specific needs they can register on the website so that they can be connected with a volunteer that will help meet those needs.
- https://www.facebook.com/TexasTornadoPets/ — Lost & Found Pets From North Texas Tornadoes has a Facebook page for posting info and photos of animals lost and found.
- Half Price Books Holding Toiletry Drive — 20 DFW locations will host a toiletry donation drive to support those affected by the tornadoes over the holiday weekend in North Texas. In addition, Half Price Books is accepting cash donations in all their Texas and Oklahoma store locations to benefit the American Red Cross.