HARLINGEN, Texas (ValleyCentral) – A Pennsylvania woman is facing felony charges after trespassing into the SpaceX Stargate Facility.
Nivea Rose Parker, 20, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is facing a 3rd-degree Felony charge and several Class A Misdemeanors after entering the Stargate Facility without consent, according to a press release from Cameron County Sheriff Eric Garza.
Cameron County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to a call in reference to a trespasser at the Stargate Facility on Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
SpaceX security told deputies that a female was “roaming around the fifth floor of the High Bay #1 building.”
The female, who was later identified as Parker, had stated that she “was an employee of SpaceX and wanted to speak to Elon Musk,” according to the press release.
A preliminary investigation revealed Parker was not an employee and had entered the premises around 5:30 pm.
After deputies conducted the investigation, Parker attempted to evade detention on foot but was captured on the property.
She is facing a 3rd Degree Felony for assault on a public servant, and Class A Misdemeanors for criminal trespassing, resisting arrest, and evading arrest detention.
Parker was transported to the Carrizales-Rucker Detention Center for processing and is pending an arrangement.
- Uncertainty surrounds ‘abortion pill’ access and legality after SCOTUS ruling
- Supreme Court rules in favor of former football coach in public school prayer case
- McConnell vows to be ‘picky’ with Biden nominees if GOP wins Senate
- Actress Mary Mara of ‘ER,’ ‘Law & Order’ drowned in St. Lawrence River, troopers say
- Roe’s demise sparks new court battles in US