Man Contracts Flesh-Eating Bacteria at Galveston Beach

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

***Video contains graphic image

Data pix.

GALVESTON — A warning if you plan on taking a trip down to Galveston. A Houston man contracted a flesh-eating bacteria that took his leg after visiting the beach in Galveston.

50-year-old Brian Parrott says he was only in the water for a short period of time on June 12 with his family. But the next day, he got really sick.

"You go swimming with your family on Sunday, you go to work on Monday, you have a red leg on Tuesday, Wednesday you have boils on your leg, Thursday you lose the leg," Donna Dailey told KRIV

Parrott was rushed to LBJ Hospital in Houston where an emergency surgery removed his right leg from the knee down. He is still being monitored at the hospital as of Tuesday afternoon, KRIV reports.

Doctors told his mother he likely contracted a flesh-eating bacteria through a scratch on his foot.

The family said there were no warning signs at the beach.

"We want to we want to get the word out, and that's the main thing," Dailey said. "There's nothing more that we can do for my son but maybe we can save somebody else."

30 Second Downloads

The coronavirus lockdown caused a decrease in the crime rate in Dallas, but it's starting to climb

Thumbnail for the video titled "The coronavirus lockdown caused a decrease in the crime rate in Dallas, but it's starting to climb"

Sports are coming back, just not all of them

Thumbnail for the video titled "Sports are coming back, just not all of them"

Southwest Airlines is staging a comeback with more business routes

Thumbnail for the video titled "Southwest Airlines is staging a comeback with more business routes"

Don't Miss

Popular

Latest News

More News