DALLAS (KDAF) — You get a deep dish pizza, you get a deep dish pizza, EVERYBODY GETS A DEEP DISH PIZZA! This is only true if you really are about that life and want to join in on the celebration of National Deep Dish Pizza Day which has fallen on Tuesday, April 5.
There may not be many things in this world to grace your taste buds and stomach than pizza, better yet a deep dish pizza which just means more pizza. Wait a second, where’s the cheese? It’s under the sauce (if you get the TikTok reference good for you, if not that’s okay just know pizza is awesome and we’re all friends).
Even through National Pizza Day has come and gone (Thursday, Feb. 9) we still have plenty of time to celebrate the greatest pie on earth. Monday, Sep. 5 is National Cheese Pizza Day and not far behind it, National Sausage Pizza Day on Tuesday, Oct. 11.
However, no better time than the present to celebrate the holiday at hand, National Deep Dish Pizza Day; we took to Yelp to find the absolute best for you to try around the great city of Dallas:
- Piggie Pies Pizza, located in Lower Greenville
- Chicago’s Original Pizza
- Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, located in Uptown
- Thunderbird Pies, located in Lakewood
- Kenny’s Italian Kitchen
- Old Hag’s Pizza & Pasta, located in Oak Cliff
- Enos Pizza Tavern, located in Bishop Arts District
- Mimi’s Pizzeria, located in North Dallas
- Chicago Pizza and Pasta
- Pizza Leila, located in Arts District
- Motor City Pizza
- Big D Pizza, located in Lakewood