The video above is from a previous segment.
DALLAS (KDAF) — Think an outdoor bar can’t work in the winter? Think again.
Waterproof, the rooftop lounge at the Statler hotel, will transition into Winterproof for the winter season, with outdoor snowglobes and heated cabanas available starting November 22 through February 11. Take in the expansive, breathtaking views of Downtown Dallas without sacrificing comfort in the cold.
Guests at Winterproof this year will be treated to special, creative cocktails and a brand-new afternoon tea.
There are two sizes of private snow globes available. Small globes, which seat up to four people, are available to reserve with two-hour food and beverage minimums starting at $200. Larger globes fit up to six people and start at $300 per two-hour reservation.
The cabanas, which accommodate up to 6-8 people, have been reimaged with themed décor. They can be reserved with prices ranging from $350-550. Guests not seeking a snow globe experience can purchase General Admission, which is free before 3 p.m. on weekdays and ranges from $10-15 evenings and weekends.
On weekends, from November 25 – December 31, Winterproof will offer Tea from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sundays. Tea reservations are $58 for adults and $25 for children 12 and under. The menu includes:
“It’s always Tea Time” – Includes two tea pairings:
- Earl grey tea – Sweet and malty black tea with citrusy bergamot
- Breakfast blend tea – Sweet and malty black tea, with a deep satisfying body
- Crimson tea – Caffeine-free infused with hibiscus, lemongrass and citrus
- Organic Blend 333 Tea – Caffeine-free infused with rosehips, peppermint and chamomile
- Spiced Chai tea – Rich black tea blended with flavors of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and clove
“Got to go forward to go back… better press on:”
- Egg salad on a mini croissant
- Chicken salad on Petit Pains au Lait
- English cucumber with whipped dill cream cheese on brioche
- Pimento Cheese on 9-grain bread
“Don’t forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted….He lived happily ever after.”
- Daily selection of assorted mini scones served with house-made jams, jellies and Devonshire cream
“The Candyman can…”
- Mini raspberry cupcake
- Goat cheese cranberry panna cotta
- Chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies
- Lemon curd tart
Guests will also receive a complimentary glass of rosé, champagne or sparkling cider (non-alcoholic).
Reservations for snow globes, cabanas and Tea can be made here.