HOUSTON, Texas (KIAH) It’s only been ten days since Hurricane Ida devasted the Louisiana coast. The storm slammed into Louisiana before moving up across the country, leaving a path of destruction. CW39 Meteorologist Star Harvey gives us a look at some of the shocking numbers from Ida.
- Father sues for $1M after Michigan teacher cuts 7-year-old daughter’s hairThe father of a 7-year-old Michigan girl whose hair was cut by a teacher without her parents’ permission has filed a $1 million lawsuit against the school district, a librarian and a teacher’s assistant.
- 260 pounds cocaine, meth, marijuana stopped at El Paso Ports Of EntryAccording to Customs and Border Protection officers seized more than 260 pounds of drugs, worth more than $2 million, at the El Paso Ports Of Entry in less than one week’s time. Sandra Hawkins, Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer said they are diligent because CBP cares about the safety of the communities saying, “Keeping […]
- Border Patrol, small New Mexico town forge strong bond amid migrant crisisThe westward shift in illegal immigration in the El Paso Sector has forced this Southern New Mexico city to deal with waves of trespassing calls and assistance to individuals who get hurt crossing the border wall in the past few months.
- ‘Pandemic in a pandemic’: New push in Congress aims to prevent health care worker suicides as COVID rages onDoctors and nurses have been pushed to the breaking point during the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, one U.S. senator from Virginia is urging Congress to pass a bill to help them, so they can continue to help others.
- More and more Border Patrol agents becoming targets of assaults and attacks, chief saysBorder Patrol Agents are increasingly becoming victims of assault and attacks while on patrol along the border between San Diego and Tijuana.