PALM SPRINGS, Calif. -- A California man who saved four people from an electrocuted swimming pool has died, according to KESQ.
Palm Springs Police say 43-year-old James Tramel dove into the pool to save children who had been shocked and were turning blue.
While Tramel died at a local hospital, the 9-year-old daughter he was trying to rescue after seeing her unconscious at the bottom of the pool on Easter Sunday remains in critical condition. Tramel's 10-year-old daughter is in stable condition.
Tramel's wife, a 6-year-old boy, and two other girls ages 6 and 8, were treated at the scene and released.
A light fixture in the pool, which was missing screws, is suspected to have electrified the water.
A total of seven people were shocked during the Easter Sunday pool party.