Couple moving grill in SUV injured in explosion after wife lights up a cigarette

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

ORLANDO -- A couple moving a gas grill in an SUV was injured on Sunday when one of them lit a cigarette and an explosion happened.

Orlando police released photos of the Kia Sorento that showed extensive damage to the SUV with the roof blown out and the airbags deployed. The windshield was lying on the ground. All of the other glass was blown from the vehicle.

Police said the couple in the SUV sustained burns but their injuries were not life threatening.

The grill was turned on and the propane tank was open and connected, according to the Orlando Sentinel,  The wife lit a cigarette and the SUV exploded according to police. After the explosion, the vehicle crashed into a pole.

30 Second Downloads

USDA recalls select frozen taquitos that may contain plastic

Volunteers needed to be advocates for Tarrant County kids in foster care

Dallas-based education developer donating app to help kids bridge learning gaps during pandemic

Don't Miss

Popular

Latest News

More News