This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ASHEVILLE, N.C. – “She was staggering and kissing everything!”

That’s a mother describing her 2-year-old daughter Gabriela who was accidentally served sangria instead of cranberry at a Texas Roadhouse in Asheville, North Carolina.

At the hospital, doctors diagnosed her with accidental alcohol ingestion.

“You shouldn’t have to be scared for your two-year-old’s life over some careless mistake like that,” Gabriela’s mom said.

Since then, the restaurant has owned up to accidentally serving alcohol to the toddler. In a statement, they also say the family waited to call 911 nearly two hours after Gabriela took a sip of the sangria.

Either way, this is a lesson learned from both sides of the table. “Smell your drink before taking a swig!”