AUTUMN TURKEY PANINI with BLACKBERRY JAM
- 2 Two slices of bread, any kind you want. (Pumpernickel was my choice)
- 2-3 pieces of deli turkey. I used maple.
- 1/4 cup of grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 tbsp of blackberry chia jam. (See recipe below)
- High smoke point cooking oil spray
Materials needed: Panini press or not stick pan and small pot lid.
- First turn on your panini press or your sauté pan to medium to high heat.
- Spray cooking oil on pan/or panini grill.
- On a cutting board, take two slices of bread and start to assemble your sandwich.
- On one slice, spread jam, then turkey, then grated cheese.
- Place the second slice of bread on top and transfer the sandwich to the panini press or sauté pan.
- If using a panini press, spray cooking oil on top grill plate and press on to sandwich with weight.
- If using a sauté pan, put a smaller pot lid on your sandwich and use it as a weight.
- In the panini press, let cook until cheese is melted and bread is crispy on outside.
- If in the sauté pan, flip the sandwich half way through and place pot lid back on sandwich until both bread slices are crispy and cheese is melted.Enjoy.
BLACKBERRY CHIA JAM
- 1 bag of Whole frozen black berries
- 1/2 cup of black chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of Agave nectar
- 1 cup of Water
- Place on low heat in a sauce pot and let simmer slowly till the liquid reduces and thickens 1/2 way.
- It should have a runny jelly consistency when finished.
- Take pot off heat and let cool slightly, then put in jar and let sit over night in your refrigerator to cool completely and thicken more.
- It Will last in your fridge up to 3 weeks.