MORNING AFTER (CW33/KDAF) — Cantina Laredo Chef Rambo Saucedo shows our photojournalist Andy Nguyen how to make Ahi tuna tacos.
Ahi Tuna Tacos with Poke Sauce
Soy sauce (gluten free)
Rice wine vinegar
Fresh lime juice
Fresh garlic (minced)
Dried chipotle pepper (sliced)
Guajillo pepper (sliced)
Chile ancho (sliced)
Water (for slurry)
- Add portioned ingredients into a sauce pan. Place the pan over medium high flame and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer until the liquid is reduced.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water in a small mixing bowl to create a slurry and set aside.
- Slowly add the slurry to the sauce. Allow to simmer to cook the slurry.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat and pour the sauce through a hand strainer and into a mixing bowl.
- Once the Poke Sauce has been cooled and refrigerated, the ahi tuna can be tossed and coated in it.