DALLAS (KDAF) — Did you know you can activate your chakras just by eating?
Cristi Christensen is the author of Chakra Rituals: Awakening the Wild Woman Within.
She trained with the U.S. Olympic diving team but her dreams were cut short after a back injury. Christensen discovered yoga and it transformed her life.
Her book offers a seven-week program to guide readers through the ancient science of chakras in an accessible way to empower readers.
Each chakra is associated with a color. According to Christensen, the best way to explore a chakra is by eating food of that same color.
- 1st chakra – grounding foods (root vegetables or protein) and red foods
- 2nd chakra – juicy foods such as tropical fruits, juices and clear broth soups
- 3rd chakra – complex carbohydrates, whole grains, healthy sugars, warming foods such as ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper
- 4th chakra – green leafy vegetables
- 5th chakra – warm liquids, herbal teas, hearty soups and stews
- 6th chakra – foods that support the brain, goji berries, acai, and blackberries
- 7th chakra – fasting on occasion