DALLAS (KDAF) – Walmart will light up the Dallas sky with a holiday drone light show at the Cotton Bowl Stadium this December, the Arkansas-based retailer announced on Monday.
“This year’s holiday season feels like it needs more than the standard set of lights. Instead, think drones,” the company said in a corporate release on Monday.
The “Walmart Holiday Drone Light Show” will be free and contactless, “bringing holiday songs to life like never before.”
With nearly 1,000 Intel drones launched into the night’s sky, the show will create 3D seasonal shapes and characters, like snowflakes, reindeer, snowmen and holiday presents, choreographed to a soundtrack of classic and modern holiday favorites, from “Frosty the Snowman” by Bing Crosby to “Run Run Rudolph” by Kelly Clarkson.
“After a particularly tough year, we want to help families end the year looking up. We want customers and communities to enjoy a moment of rest, peace and hope,” said William White, chief marketing officer at Walmart.
Eight communities, including Dallas, will be able to experience the show live when it flies through their town.
The event will include pre-show entertainment with music from local DJs and a short holiday special, “DreamWorks Trolls Holiday,” before the drones take flight.
From Dec. 4-20, the “Walmart Holiday Drone Light Show” will visit:
- Friday, Dec. 4: Kansas City, Kansas at Kansas Speedway
- Saturday, Dec. 5: Dallas, Texas at the Cotton Bowl
- Wednesday, Dec. 9: San Antonio, Texas at Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- Thursday, Dec. 10: Doswell, Virginia at Kings Dominion
- Sunday, Dec. 13: Phoenix, Arizona at Phoenix Raceway
- Wednesday, Dec. 16: Charlotte, North Carolina at Carowinds
- Friday, Dec. 18: Sacramento, California at Sleep Train Arena
- Sunday, Dec. 20: Fayetteville, Arkansas at 112 Drive-In
Starting on Monday, Nov. 23 at 5 p.m. ET, you can visit www.WalmartDroneShow.com to reserve free tickets to watch the show from the safety of your own car or a designated viewing area right next to your car.
When confirmed, you’ll get an email with a QR code, which will grant entry on the day of the event.
Tickets will be available while supplies last.