Gas leak leads to Arlington fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Arlington fire

Fire broke out on North Collins Street in Arlington Tuesday morning.(KDAF/Ben Ramirez)

ARLINGTON–If you saw smoke in Arlington, Tuesday, it’s likely it came from a fire that was sparked by a gas leak.

It happened in the 800 block of North Collins Street.

“A boring contractor, drilling, hit a four-inch gas line with a boring truck,” Lt. Mike Joiner of the Arlington Fire Department said. “It impacted the line which ignited the gas, which involved the truck.

As far as why it happened, it’s not clear yet.

“What we’re hearing is they were boring to put in a light pole or sign,” Joiner said. We don’t know the exact cause yet.”