Bored? Broke? 👉 Savvy Saver

Cut gas line sparks fire in downtown Dallas

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DALLAS - Firefighters are battling a fire that ignited on the 2100 block of Main Street in downtown Dallas.

The fire was caused by a gas line being cut. Officials have requested people to avoid Main Street and Caesar Chavez Boulevard.

Streets have been shut down at Harwood and Elm as well as all ramps on Interstate 45.

UPDATE: Firefighters were able to put out the fire.

Two people were injured by the initial blast, but not taken to the hospital.

Roads and ramps are open.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.