17-Year-Old Boy Dies From Stroke Caused by Hickey

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEXICO CITY -- Sometimes a hickey, love bite, or whatever you want to call it, can really suck. And one 17-year-old boy in Mexico City learned that the hard way. He reportedly died after his 24-year-old girlfriend sent him home with a hickey. Seriously ... we can't make this up!

We'll come back to the fact she's 24-years-old in a minute -- but, first who knew a hickey could kill you, right?

Well, doctors are calling it a "rare phenomenon" and in this case, they believe the teen's hickey created a blood clot that went to his brain and later caused him to have a stroke.

Believe it or not, back in 2011, a woman from New Zealand had a very similar fate. Except her blood clot caused her to have a heart attack.

Now the parents of the Mexico City teen are blaming the 24-year-old girlfriend for his death, but she's reportedly gone missing.