Cops Respond to College Student ‘Laxative Poisoning’

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BYU students say roommate spiked food with laxatives

REXBURG, Idaho — A group of Brigham Young University-Idaho students filed a police report Thursday after they say their roommate poisoned one of them with a laxative.

The victim went to Madison Memorial Hospital, where police officers took the report and spoke with the girls who live in the same apartment.

They told officers one of their roommates put a laxative in a gallon of milk and, after drinking the milk, another roommate was concerned she had overdosed.

The girls said the roommate who allegedly poisoned the milk does not like them and they are afraid she might do something in the future.

Police told the girls to contact their apartment manager and see if they could move to another unit.

Doctors told the student who drank the milk that she would be fine and released her from the hospital. No charges have been filed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.