WAXAHACHIE — The wake-up call in Waxahachie Monday morning leveled one house, damaged nine more and had residents stuck for hours waiting to get back to their homes.
Two people were in the house when it blew up. Both were rushed to the hospital, badly burned. But their conditions could have been much worse, if not for the help of neighbors who got there before first responders.
There's no official word on a cause, but many who live in the area believe a gas leak is to blame. They say there's been a lot of digging and gas line work lately in the Saddlebrook neighborhood.
Atmos Energy was out Monday checking the lines.
Here's hoping the folks who survived this explosion make a quick recovery and that investigators find out what destroyed this home so folks in Waxahachie can go to sleep without worrying they'll wake up to another explosion.