The grounding nuts and oil in this radiant salad help balance-out its vibrant effects. The net result: a deliciously enlivening dish that will make you feel steady (and want seconds)!
Kale and Peanut Salad
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 3 tsp. honey
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, torn into pieces
- 1¼ cup rainbow salad or coleslaw mix (some mixture of shredded cauliflower/broccoli/carrots/cabbage)
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well.
Combine the dressing and the kale in a large bowl. Massage the mixture for 2-3 minutes, until the leaves turn bright green and significantly reduce. Add in the remaining salad ingredients and toss well to coat.