Groupon’s New App: Photo of Receipt Gives Cash Back
Groupon announced Thursday the launch of Snap by Groupon, a free app that gives you cash back for buying groceries at any supermarket or retailer in the United States and Canada.
Android and iPhone users can earn money when they buy an item listed in the app and take a picture of their receipt.
“Snap features cash-back offers on a variety of everyday grocery items, ranging from basic staples such as bread and milk to personal care and household products such as diapers and cleaning supplies,” Groupon said in a news release.
“Snap is the latest way that we’re helping people discover new brands and save money on the things they buy every day,” said Sean Smyth, vice president and general manager, Snap by Groupon. “We’re using the power of smartphones to make couponing easier and more convenient while paying people to shop.”
Snap users have access to the following introductory promoted items and brands:
- Any Gallon of Milk – $1.00 cash back on any milk purchase
- Any Bread – $1.00 cash back on any bread purchase over $1.00
- Barilla – $0.75 cash back on any Barilla Sauce
- Chobani – $0.50 off Chobani Flips or Chobani Oats
- Country Crock or I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter – $1 cash back on any Country Crock or I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! spread
- PF Chang’s Frozen Meals – $1.00 cash back on any two meals, rice, or appetizers
- Hidden Valley – $1.00 cash back on any Hidden Valley Bottled Salad Dressing
- Glad – $1.00 cash back on any Glad Trash Bags
- Huggies – $3.00 cash back on Huggies diapers and $2.00 cash back on Huggies wipes, any variety
Snap is also available on the web at snap.groupon.com.