Holder’s Here: Attorney General Arrives in Ferguson

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FERGUSON, MON — Attorney General Eric Holder has boots on the ground in Ferguson, Missouri.

The A.G. met with students and community leaders to assure them the Justice Department will do a thorough investigation into the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brow.

The St. Louis County grand jury will be conducting its own investigation, which the county prosecutor says could last until mid-October.

“Right now you have to keep in mind there’s still a lot of forensic examinations going on and we’re not going to present partial parts of that so we’ll do it as it’s completed,” said Robert P. McCulloch, St. Louis County Prosecutor.

Now it seems that Officer Darren Wilson may have been seriously injured just before the shooting. Reports say he received serious facial injuries, possibly a broken eye socket during the struggle that led to Brown’s death.

Meantime, law enforcement officers prepare for another night of protests.

Tuesday night, police arrested tow people in a car and confiscated two loaded handguns after receiving reports someone in the car was going to “kill some cops.”

In all, police busted 47 people, including one man from Austin, for the third time.

Missouri State Highway Patrol Captain Ron Johnson said officers are making small steps in returning order to Ferguson. “But those small steps are going to turn into giant steps, and those giant steps are going to reach great strides for this community.”

It won’t matter if the police take big steps or small, at least not until protesters  and agitators take a step back and not make a bad situation worse.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.