Let’s be honest. 2016 has been a rough year that many of us would like to forget.
So instead of looking back, let’s look forward toward the new year, and Pinterest is all about looking forward.
The Pinterest Insights team dug through a ton of data from the past year to identify the top emerging trends to try in 2017.
Food and Drink:
· The latest meat substitute is jackfruit (yes, a fruit)
· Sous vide (pronounced SUE-VEED) is the new slow cooker, a fancy name for a set-it-and-forget-it cuisine.
· Navy is the new black
· Indoor vines are taking over
· Pins and patches are popping up everywhere
· Bell sleeves are going to be BIG as a statement piece
Hair and Beauty:
· No-heat hairstyles are definitely a yes
· The top knot gets a braid upgrade
· R.I.P. coffin nails, chrome is killing it
· Health goth is the dark side of athleisure
· Fuhgeddaboud (Forget about) Brooklyn, men want it made in Detroit
· Man buns are over (thank god), and shorter styles are back on top
· Adventure travel is getting more love than romantic escapes
· Chill out in the snow, instead of the beach
· You just have to go to Kyoto
· Fitness fans are all about abs
· Sorry spa water, it’s detox tea time
· Ditch the therapist for energy healing
· Cold showers should be part of your morning routine (and it’s not what you think!)
Kids and Parenting:
· Story prompts spark kids’ imaginations
· Fairy gardens add a little magic to playtime
And there’s more where that came from! Check out all of the Pinterest 100 trends by heading to pinterest.com/pinterest.