GRAPEVINE -- It is seriously beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine. This year's ICE! event is in full swing, this year paying tribute to the holiday television classic Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town.
This is the 13th year for the annual Lone Star Christmas event; artists traveled from Harbin, China to carve 2 million pounds of ice to create the display, ice bar, and five ice slides.
Highlights of This Year's Lone Star Christmas:
- 2 million holiday lights decorating the resort’s indoor atriums
- 2 million pounds of hand-carved ice for ICE! featuring “Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town”
- 2 million pounds of real Texas snow for a two-story tall, 12-lane snow tubing hill
- A 6,000-square-foot outdoor ice skating rink
- A 54-foot-tall Christmas tree adorning the center atrium
- Magical miniature train sets throughout the property
- 25-foot-tall Nutcrackers overlooking joyful families
- 2,300 decorated wreaths, 5,600 feet of garland, and 15,000 festive ornaments
Remember to dress warm!! Visitors will feel as though they've been transported to the North Pole as they walk through the 14,000-square-foot attraction, kept at 9°. Not a typo -- it's going to be cold in there. The resort offers free parkas, but recommends coming to the event dressed for the chilly experience -- so grab the hats, scarves, and mittens!
- Santa's Wild Workshop Snow Tubing
- Gingerbread Decorating Corner
- The Elf on the Shelf® Scavenger Hunt
- Milk & Cookies with Mrs. Claus
- Rudolph’s Holly Jolly™ Breakfast
- Glacier Glide Ice Skating Rink
- Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Photos With Santa
The event runs November 10, 2016 - January 1, 2017.