Halloween is not only a time to dress up and go hit up your neighbor for some free candy, but it's also a great opportunity to throw a spooky soirée.
So we asked Chef Uno to concoct something both devilish and delicious and what she cooked up will not disappoint!
Check out her recipe below for Zombie Cheese Fingers (complete with a "bone") and Goblin Blood Marinara.
Zombie Cheese Fingers Ingredients:
10 string cheese sticks
10 pretzel sticks
1 Cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon water
2 cups Flaming Hot Cheetos (ground)
10 almond slices
4 Cups vegetable oil
1. Cut cheese sticks to the length of the pretzel, then shape one end to look like the tip of a finger.
2. Cut the stick in half horizontally. Place the pretzel in the middle and gently press together to seal the cheese close.
3. Using three shallow bowls. Place the flour, salt, and pepper into one bowl and mix well.
4. In second bowl, place the egg, water, and beat until combined.
5. In third bowl, place ground Flaming Cheetos
6. To create the breading, place cheese sticks into flour, egg wash, Cheetos, egg wash and finish with Cheetos. Make sure all sides are evenly coated with Cheetos.
7. Place almond slices into egg wash and gently adhere to tops of the sticks. They are used to represent the nails.
8. Place sticks into freezer for at least one hour.
9. When ready to cook, heat oil in flying pan to 350 degrees.
10. Fry for 5-6 minutes or until cheese has melted through. Strain on paper towel and serve warm.
Goblin Blood Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon garlic (chopped)
1/2 Cup white onions (finely diced)
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 Cups crushed tomato (canned)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat saute pan to medium high heat. Place oil, garlic, onions, and brown sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add crushed tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and store until ready to use.
Cheers to a spooky Halloween! 🎃