SUWON, SOUTH KOREA -- Samsung is hoping more people will take advantage of the replacement program it has in place for its newly released Galaxy Note7.
The company said bad batteries are causing the problems.
There have been reports of several fires after batteries exploded.
In one case, a six-year-old boy suffered burns after one of the phones exploded in his hands while he was watching videos on it, according to the New York Post.
The Federal Aviation Administration also warned passengers to not use the Galaxy Note7's or check them into their luggage during flights.
One Reddit post suggests Samsung France might remotely turn off the phones by September 30 if people decide not to swap their current phone for a new one. Samsung has denied that will happen at this time.
In this case, it may be better to be safe than sorry.