**WARNING: This story contains graphic photos that may be disturbing.**
DALLAS -- A dog is recovering in Dallas after having its throat slit in two places.
Dallas firefighters rescued the dog and her puppy Wednesday night during a fire call now suspected to be arson. Fire crew took the dogs back to Station 46, where DFW Rescue Me volunteers stepped in and took them to an emergency veterinarian.
The mother dog's two neck wounds were closed up during three hours of surgery; her pup was not injured. Both dogs are being treated for several parasite-based illnesses, but will be up for adoption once they are healed.
In the mean time, DFW Rescue Me has named the mother Khalessi -- after the Game of Thrones character -- while the pup is called Little Joe, named for Fire Rescue Officer Joseph T. Nguyen, who contacted the group for help. There's a page set up for donations to help cover costs of surgery and medical care for both dogs.
Photos courtesy of Fire Rescue Officer Joseph T. Nguyen, Station 46 Dallas Fire Rescue.