DALLAS–Think you’re a peanut butter freak?
Chances are, your dog really, really likes peanut butter and he or she probably doesn’t care if it’s crunchy or creamy.
But there’s something you need to know before you give your best friend a finger-full of PB.
Some companies have started adding an artificial sweetener called Xylitol to their peanut butter.
And Xylitol is toxic to dogs!
Some reports say it’s even more toxic than chocolate!
How come the yummiest stuff always turns out to be bad for us?
So you want to watch out for Xylitol. Check the label. If it’s one of the first ingredients listed, it’s probably not good for your pooch.
If you think your dog has eaten something that might be poisonous, call animal poison control at 888-426-4435.
Chocolate and peanut butter aren’t the only things to worry about.
The ASPCA website also has warnings about macadamia nuts and laundry detergent pods.
You might be better off just making your own peanut butter for your pet.