That’s Nuts: Nutella Jar Causes House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LONDON, ENGLAND-Mmm Nutella, seems to be the hottest spread on shelves nowadays, you can put that stuff on everything!

But is it so hot that it could leave you up in smoke?

One family in London found out first hand when an empty glass Nutella jar caused their home to go up in flames.

The jar was used to hold loom bands. Hey, if you have a pre-teen girl at home, you're familiar.

Just don’t let them keep that jar next to the window.

Turns out when sun rays hit the glass, it magnified onto the blinds, resulting in a fire.

Yeah, it's the same concept as burning ants with a magnifying glass.

The family wasn't home at the time but the family dog wasn't so lucky. He was trapped inside and died.

Now the family says it'll take a year to rebuild.

Hey if you're a nut about Nutella like the rest of us, enjoy! Just be careful where you leave that jar.

Nutella BabyNutty Name: French Court Rules Against Parents Naming Girl ‘Nutella’

Baby CrepesBaby Crepes With Nutella: Easy and Addictive

unoKahlua Caramel Nutella Brownie Recipe