WASHINGTON COUNTY, PA -- We all know we shouldn't smoke in bed. But it turns out, you shouldn't chew gum in bed, either. Yeah, there's a risk you might wake up with it in your hair or the risk of not waking up at all. Students on the California University of Pennsylvania campus are now mourning the death of 21-year-old basketball player Shanice Clark.
She was found dead in her dorm room early Sunday morning.
According to a preliminary report from the coroner, Clark may have choked on chewing gum while she slept.
Family and friends are waiting on the autopsy for confirmation.
“Life is just too short,” freshman Sasha Jett said. “You have to cherish it. You can’t really go without cherishing every day.”