This is a warm and nourishing autumn side dish that has natural sweetness and a grounding effect. It may help cut down on sugar cravings too!
Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1 acorn squash, (unpeeled) seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 1 medium rutabaga, (peeled) and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large bowl, combine the veggies, rosemary, salt, pepper and oil. Toss well to coat.
Pour the mixture into a large baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes covered. Uncover and bake for 30 minutes more.